Monday, October 13, 2014

THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER!

Hello!

This week was filled with a lot!! A lot of wonderful things!

We travelled to Billings and Helena, where I got to see Sister Frost!! Yay! Then, I got to see Sister Smith too and Sister Spencer, who are now companions! Wonderful reunions with some people who have changed my life for the better.  

Well, well, I don't know what to report today.  I am alive! I am happy! I am a missionary! And I love it! Seriously, I love being a missionary.  And I know that I will be a missionary for the rest of my life.  

This week I had one of those "This is the best thing ever!" experiences. We were at church, and one of the people we are teaching who is getting baptized this Thursday wasn't there! After the second hour, we said, "I'm worried about him!" because he always keeps his commitments! Then, we turn and look down the hallway, and he was sitting in a chair reading his scriptures, wearing his white shirt and tie! We ran...walked swiftly...to see him, and he was so tired and hadn't even slept the night before, but he came to church! He even bore his testimony during second hour and he has really come to know that the church is true.  It is so cool to see him change, and he really has done it through his own studies and prayers.  He has asked us questions before about basic doctrines of the gospel, and we would invite him to pray and read.  He would, and the next day, he would explain that he received his answer! It's wonderful.  Then, along with this, we arrived in Sacrament meeting to see four other people we are teaching arrive too!  I know how important it is to attend church.  The Spirit there teaches us and answers our questions.  Because we choose to keep that commandment, the Holy Ghost can instruct us more fully, and we can help others too!

Life is good.  I read this quote by Elder Neal A. Maxwell today:

"Being blessed with hope, let us, as disciples, reach out to all who, for whatever reason, have 'moved away from the hope of the gospel.' Let us reach to lift hands which hang hopelessly down."
Preach My Gospel, 117.

We have hope through the gospel of Jesus Christ.  We can help each other have hope too.  

This week was joyful.  As we rode the transfer van from Helena to Billings, we sang hymns and pondered on what we had learned in our meetings.  It is incredible to be surrounded by such wonderful people.  They have helped me to have hope and greater faith in Christ and in myself. 

"Adam fell that men might be, and men are that they might have joy."
2 Nephi 2:25 

I am grateful for you all! 
Thank you for your love, examples, and prayers!

Love always and forever,
Sister Hixson

No comments:

Post a Comment