Friday, October 10, 2014

Hello all!

This weekend was amazing with General Conference! We got to hear from the Prophet! I was overjoyed! 

A few things were impressed upon me while I watched it.  I realized the importance of coming to know truth for ourselves.  I also recognized the importance of sustaining the Prophet.  And last of all, I gained a greater desire to study more about the Prophet Joseph Smith and to strengthen my testimony of him and the Restoration of the gospel.  General Conference is an amazing experience.  I feel so blessed to have a Prophet on the earth today who loves us.  He truly is a Prophet of God.  

As Sister Johnson and I drove to the church for General Conference, we talked about how much of the world has no idea that right now the Prophet will be speaking! But then we talked about how much more of the world knows about it now because of missionary work!  Because of the efforts of full-time and member missionaries, the world knows! It's so cool to think that the Lord uses us to bring truth to the world.  Of course, we cannot do it without Him.

I know that the Lord watches over His children- all of us! He knows and loves me and you. As I watched General Conference I was reminded of the importance of prayer- something so simple, yet central for our return to live with Him again.  We have the opportunity to talk with Him anytime, anywhere.  A portion of Elder Scott's talk really stood out to me when he said to talk to Heavenly Father about EVERYTHING. He promised peace.  We all need greater peace in this life, and God is here to help us receive it.  I am striving to speak more openly to my Heavenly Father- to really pour out my soul to Him.  He is the one who can help me and bring me peace.

The gospel is true.  I loved Elder Christoffersen's talk about truth.  "Truth is truth is truth," is what I wrote in my notes.  There is absolute truth, and we can all find it.  I love this gospel and the opportunity to be edified yesterday by the Prophet and other leaders of the church.  If you didn't get the chance to listen or watch it, go to LDS.org and watch it! You will be strengthened! :)

I love you all so much! Thank you for your influence on my life.  I owe so much to all of you.  Thank you for your prayers and love.  

Ether 12:6
"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."

May we fight the good fight and be filled with love.

Love always,
Sister Hixson

No comments:

Post a Comment