Friday, October 10, 2014

(from September 29th) DOUBT YOUR DOUBTS BEFORE YOU DOUBT YOUR FAITH

Greetings!

Guess what? This week was another WONDERFUL week! Definitely a week worth remembering!....which is why I write everything down, so that I can remember it! Haha, well I sure try, but I am definitely still working on that! 

This week was just really great.  We worked hard and had some wonderful lessons.  Two of the people we are working with are doing really well.  It's cool to see them work through doubts by praying and reading the Book of Mormon and coming to church! 

Yesterday we had the most beautiful Primary program! There were so many kids, and they were hilarious, and their testimonies very powerful.  I love seeing the children share their simple testimonies because they are SO simple, yet so powerful.  It reminds me to be more simple in my teaching and my testimony and in the way I live my life.

Yesterday, the quote, "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith." was playing in my mind.  There are times when we doubt ourselves or God, but President Uchtdorf reminds us to doubt our doubts before we attempt to doubt our faith.  

In our mission, we focus so much on FAITH.  It all comes down to faith.  I have realized that Faith is much more than just the first principle of the gospel.  It is power! I know that as I have faith and as I strive daily to increase my faith, that I can do more and more for the Lord.  I love Moroni 10:23-

"And Christ truly said unto our fathers, if ye have faith, you can do all things which are expedient unto me."  We can keep the commandments, we can have faith, we can accomplish what the Lord wants us to in this life, we can bring others unto Christ, through faith.

I love you all so much! Keep the faith every day! I know the church is true.  I really do.  I know the Lord loves each of us.  

Love always,
Sister Hixson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment