Thursday, October 30, 2014

Love, gratitude and blessings

A NOTE FROM LEXI'S MOM:  Sister Lexi Hixson will be returning home from her mission on Saturday, November 8th at exactly 9:25 am...which is 205 hours and 45 minutes from this minute.  I may or may not be excited...you judge!  We can't wait to get our arms around her and hear her "Lexi giggle."  And to have her fill our home with her wonderful piano medleys once again.  Oh the questions we will ask about her experiences in Montana and Wyoming and about the very, VERY special people who will be part of her heart forever more.  Thank you for your love and support these 18 months.  Now on to Lexi's e-mail...


Once again, there is a lot to say, but I can't find the words! I will tell you about yesterday because it was a glorious day!

Yesterday, I was in ward council, and I just paused for a minute and looked at everyone in the room.  All these people who I love.  I thought of their families and how hard they are working to serve the Lord and take care of their families and teach them in the right way.  I just felt a great amount of love for them.  I also feel that every time we leave Bishop's office or home.  I just feel a huge amount of love and gratitude for him.  He is a righteous man with great love.

Then, we were sitting in Gospel Principles class.  Sister Johnson and I had made mention earlier how there are still so many people in the ward who we don't know! But, as we sat there in class, I looked at everyone in class and realized that we had been in every one of their homes! Two of them are people we were blessed to teach and see enter the waters of baptism, and one of them is on her way there! They have touched our lives, and we have touched theirs in some way.  I just felt so blessed.

After that, we went to Sacrament Meeting where we looked out at the Worland 1st ward, and my heart was just filled with joy.  I love these people.  I am so grateful to know them, to know their families, to be in their homes. 

The Lord has truly blessed me. 

I feel like Ammon in Alma 26.  Verses 7-8 reads:

"But behold, they are in the hands of the Lord of the harvest, and they are his; and he will raise them up at the last day.
"Blessed be the name of our God; let us sing to his praise, yea, let us give thanks to his holy name, for he doth work righteousness forever."

I know that life is not perfect, but I also know that God showers blessings upon us every single day! I want to always remember to pause and realize the blessings of the moment.  Will you all do the same? I know that God will show you His hand as you choose to pause and look for it.

I love you all! <3

Love always,
Sister Hixson

No comments:

Post a Comment