Monday, July 28, 2014

TENDER WEIRDNESSES

Hello!

Last night in a lesson we were talking about the tender mercies of the Lord, the little things he does for us.  Well, the girl we were teaching doesn't like the phrase, tender mercies, so she changed it to tender weirdnesses. Haha. I love it. It's kind of catchy, so today I'm going to share with you the tender weirdnesses of life as of late.
(note from Jeanette:  I like tender mercies MUCH better, myself.  Nothing that the Lord does is "weird."  Merciful describes Him much better.  But oh well; this is Lexi's story.  Ya gotta love it.)  

This week was FILLED with tender weirdnesses.  We had a couple exchanges, so Sister Smith was in Riverton and Worland 2nd ward, and I was here in Worland with a couple new sisters.  It was fun to be with them! Tender weirdness #1- Sister Bain was with me, and she knows how to fix bikes! Good thing because I'd never seen a bike tube before, haha, but now I know how to patch one up! Tender weirdness #2- in 105 degree heat, someone let us in and we were able to talk with her for a while! Tender weirdness #3- our investigator who was missing all day the day of his baptism, showed up! Tender weirdness #4- President Mecham was doing interviews this week, so I got to talk with him for a while, and that is always great! Tender weirdness #5- I read a talk yesterday that helped answer some of my prayers recently :)

That's not all, but that is a few.  I am grateful for the tender weirdnesses of the Lord.  Nothing is coincidence, and the Lord is always looking out for us.  Sometimes, it might not seem so, but I know it's true.   Nephi says, "...the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance." (1 Nephi 1:20)

I love this gospel! I know it's true.  I know Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us! I'm trying to recognize his love and blessings more in my life.  He is merciful, and I am grateful for all He does for me.

Love you all! Have an awesome week!

Love always,
Sister Hixson<3
 Craaaaaazzzzyyyyyyyyy!  
 Lex "before her haircut."  What?  And she didn't send pics of the haircut?  Maybe next week...I hope.  
Apparently this is a "beautiful sunset" that didn't show up on camera very well.
So we'll look at beautiful Lexi instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment