Monday, August 11, 2014

LOVE

Hello everyone!

It's been another great week! I have been reminded about the importance of love this week. Yesterday morning we had Elder Carden of the Seventy speak to some of the missionaries in Lovell, Wyoming.  President and Sister Mecham were there and bore their testimonies at the meeting, and Sister Mecham just said how she hopes we feel loved.  I truly felt her love, and I realized the importance of feeling loved. We all need to know we are loved.  One scripture that I read a couple months back is Alma 13:28
"But that ye would humble yourselves before the Lord, and call on his holy name, and watch and pray continually, that ye may not be tempted above that which ye can bear, and thus be led by the Holy Spirit, becoming humble, meek, submissive, patient, full of love and all long-suffering."

As I have been serving my mission, and in the past few weeks, I have felt my love increase for the people here.  They are wonderful.  They speak their minds, love their families, and are funny.  They all have different stories, backgrounds, and personalities.  They all have come from different places in life, and I am grateful that I am able to be a part of theirs.  

I know that God loves all His children.  I know that He loves us even as we are so imperfect, but we are trying.  He loves us, and that's why He wants us to pray to Him.  That's why He sent us to earth- to grow and to learn and to one day be able to experience the blessings He enjoys.  I love Him and my Savior and this gospel.  

I love you all too!! Thank you for being a part of my life :) 

Love always,
Sister Hixson

No comments:

Post a Comment