Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Hello!

This week has been good.  We went again to the Big Hole Valley- to a place called Wisdom.  We taught Nate and Hillary who are doing well and loving the gospel.  We also met Nate's dad who was staying with them.  He talked about fishing and how much he loves it and then gave us his # so we can call him and go fishing with him some day, haha...We can't do that, but now we have his #!  The people here are so funny.  Sometimes I feel like my face is glued in a happy face as I'm listening to someone talk about something because they are so funny about it.  

There is a family, the Lochridges, who are amazing.  They are the most self-reliant family I have ever met.  They are so funny because they love to talk.  I sit and listen and learn so much because they love to talk about the gospel! What better thing to talk about! Especially to a missionary who loves talking about it too! 

This week we went to a lady's house named Betty.  I don't know her very well, but she lives in a cottage.  A little red house down a dirt road, tucked behind some trees.  We came in, sat down, and she was so nice.  So so nice.  She lives back there and crochets amazing things and sells them in craft shows.  She doesn't own a car. She used to go to church when she was little, but then her neighbors who took her moved away.  She hasn't gone for 40 years and would love to learn more.  I am excited to see her again! I have been amazed at the simplicity of life here.  Some people's lives are crazy, but some people's lives are just so simple.  They accept what we share with them because they see it as good.  

Sister Spencer and I spoke yesterday on missionary work.  I shared a little something on how Christ shared the gospel.  He "went about doing good."  I love that phrase.  When we go about doing good, we are following the example of Jesus Christ.  Sometimes I get overwhelmed with everything that I am asked to do, but I try to remember that the gospel is one of joy and hope.  I have been thinking about the scripture for a while and finally found it this week! Yay. It is Ether 12: 4-

"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."

That's all I have for now.  I wish I could tell you about everything, but actually I don't.  I wish you could just sit in my bag and come along for the ride!  

Thank you Terri Lamp for your wonderful letter.  I loved it!

Love,
Sister Hixson

No comments:

Post a Comment