Tuesday, September 2, 2014

LIFE IS WONDERFUL

This week has been INCREDIBLE.  I have learned so much and seen the power of the Lord in my life.  We had Mission Leadership Council this week, and it was a very powerful experience to be surrounded by so many faithful and strong missionaries.  It was two days long this time, and we were counseled on how to be greater missionaries and how to better help the missionaries in our zone. I felt the power of missionaries. Sometimes when you are a missionary, you don't recognize it, but this week, I did! It was inspiring and uplifting.  I was just so grateful to be part of this mission, and I feel so grateful to be a full-time missionary.  

As we came back from Billings, Sister Johnson and I got to work.  We worked really hard this week, and the Lord provided us with several lessons, people to talk with, safety, and answers to prayers.  We ended up going unexpectedly to Riverton for some sisters there.  We felt prompted to see them and be with them for a couple days.  It ended up being a very spiritually strengthening experience for me as we trusted in the Lord and I felt the Lord's gratitude and confirmation of what we were doing.  

We didn't know how long we would be in Riverton, but we expected to be there possibly until today.  When we got there, however, we felt like it would be better if we left Saturday night.  The Sisters had two baptisms, one at two and one at four.  In between them, we got a call from some members, the Coopers, asking if we could see a lady there.  We stopped by her work and were able to have a wonderful lesson with her that lifted her and our spirits and made us so happy.  Then, the Coopers said that they would come check our car while we were at the second baptism (they are the vehicle coordinators:).  During the baptism, they came inside and told us that one of our tires was super low, and we couldn't make it back to Worland without filling it.  They took us to get it filled and we headed back to Worland! It was such a tender mercy for them to check our car! We were so grateful! 

There are times when you just feel God's love very strong, and this week was one of those weeks. I am so grateful for the Lord's love and kindness toward me, and it makes me want to be better.  

Sister Johnson and I have had a wonderful time this week.  We laughed a lot.  Sister Johnson is hilarious and an amazing missionary.  We LOVE Worland.  Anytime we leave, we just want to go back! 

I read a scripture before my mission that I have always remembered:

"And Christ truly said unto our fathers: If ye have faith, ye can do all things which are expedient unto me." Moroni 10:23

I know now that as I exercise faith, the Lord cannot forsake me.  I used to be afraid of my trials, but I don't feel afraid anymore of the trials I will have.  I know that the Lord will help me through them as I remain faithful.


Love you so much! Thank you for your letters!

Love you!
Sister Hixson

No comments:

Post a Comment