Monday, September 22, 2014

Hello!!

Another week has flown by, and I can't believe it's September 8th! January just happened.

The Lord's work is moving forth here in Worland! I have met the most amazing people, and I love it.  Sister Johnson and I keep working really hard, even through unexpected things that come up throughout the week or days, and our prayers have become more filled with faith as we have to rely on the Lord to help us. Sister Johnson is hilarious and so obedient and loving.  We are both weird, so we get along really well :)

This week, we went to the temple, and it was amazing! I learned so much, and was just so happy.  The temple is a place like no other.  I noticed this time how much the cares of the world really do dissolve when we are in the temple.  I felt so much peace.  I know that the temple really is the house of the Lord.

This week I also recognized the importance and power of prayer.  As we have prayed for specific people and specific things, our prayers have been answered.  It has been such a blessing. I am so grateful to be able to pray to Heavenly Father every day, and that He answers my prayers.  

Moroni 10:23 is a verse I read before my mission, and I have loved it ever since:

"And Christ truly said unto our fathers: if ye have faith ye can do all things which are expedient unto me."

I know this is true! I know that as we have faith, we can do whatever the Lord needs and wants us to, which is always the best thing that could happen! 

I love you all!

Oh, and to comment on the subject line....birds like me because, almost daily, a bird flies into the windows as I study.  I don't think that's normal, but it is in my life.  It's sad because I love birds! Oh well. I love temples too :)

Love you always,
Sister Hixson

No comments:

Post a Comment