Monday, September 22, 2014

Hello!

Well, this week was another wonderful week! :)

Sister Johnson and I continue to LOVE Worland.  The ward is wonderful, and the people we are teaching are really amazing.  I am actually learning a lot from them.  One of them says, "Patience.  Only in the time of the Lord."  almost every time we see him. He is wise. He is beginning to change as he applies the things we share with him.  He is still struggling with some things that we share with him, but the best thing is that he is willing to listen and experiment upon the word!

One of the other ladies we are teaching has such a strong spirit.  She told us yesterday of her faith and how it has grown.  She shared with someone at church how much her life has changed since she began this journey, and she can't wait to be baptized! We are so excited for her.  

The more I serve, the greater love I feel for everyone.  It is amazing! Moroni 7:45 is one of my favorite scriptures, and I studied it this morning.  I love studying charity.  I know that Christ is charity.  He is the One to follow.

Sister Johnson and I were able to watch the talk by Elder Bednar, "Sweeping the Earth as With a Flood!" Amazing! We are sharing the gospel more online now! I have a missionary Facebook, and while I can't be friends with anyone not in my area, anyone can follow me! My name is "Sister-Alexis Hixson." :) On Tuesday, Sister Johnson and I and many members in our ward are sharing our testimonies on Facebook with the hashtag: #testimonytuesday.  Anyone can do it! You don't have to be a member of the church! You simply share your faith with that hashtag! Will you all do that? I know that, just like Elder Bednar said, technology and inventions of our day are here to help us bring others closer to Jesus Christ. It will happen as we use them in that way! 

I love you all! Thank you for your emails and letters.  They make me so happy! :)

Love always,
Sister Hixson :)
 Lex was cold and the only thing she could find to keep her warm was this towel!

And the one below?  This is what you do when it snows and it's still officially summer...you roast marshmallows.  I couldn't help but notice the cute set-up on the bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment