Monday, June 9, 2014

Hello!

Sorry about last week.  We were in Billings and we found out at 4:58 that the library closed at 5, so I had no time to write you all.  It's been a crazy couple of weeks.  If it continues like this, it's going to fly by! We have been out of town a lot, and we are going out of town again this week- just to Riverton and Thermopolis for a meeting and some exchanges.  

Worland is awesome.  It is small, pretty, and there are lots of fields and badlands (there is even a Zebra donkey we named Debra :)  The ward is nice, and there is tons of work to be done! I'm excited :) Sister Smith is also awesome! She is a southern CA girl as well and she loves to work and have fun! I love her.  She is teaching me a lot, and she is a great example.  

This week we had a few awesome lessons! We taught this guy who has completely changed around his life, and his wife is not active in the church right now, but they both want to be.  He wants to be baptized and is reading the Book of Mormon.  He is honest and kind.  I love seeing people change their lives around and want to be better.  That's when Christ can really help them even more.  

We had some other great lessons too, and basically are just figuring out what we can do in this area.  We want the members to be more involved.  We had a mission tour this week with Elder Godoy, a member of the Seventy.  He taught us a lot and was so funny as he did it! I loved it.  One thing that stood out to me is that we need to leave room for the Spirit in our plans.  As missionaries, we have set plans for every hour of every day.  He said, leave room for the Spirit.  It makes me think of a quote by Elder Uchtdorf: "Strength comes not from frantic activity, but by being settled on a firm foundation of truth and light."  As we go about our busy days, we need to listen to the Spirit and remember those things that are truly important.  I mean, I'm on a mission where I don't have the distractions that most of the world does, but I still need to remember to pause and remember what's important every day.  In daily life, not on a mission, I'm sure it is the same.  

I love this gospel.  I love sharing it because I know it makes people happy.  I know it brings us all closer to Christ.  

Alma 32:21
""...faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen which are true."

Love you all! Have a wonderful week! :)

Love,
Sister Hixson

No comments:

Post a Comment