Monday, June 23, 2014

A busy girl writes...

Wow, this week and day have flown by! And I have five minutes :) To tell you about this week in five minutes would be impossible, but I can tell you a few things in that amount of time.

First of all, ironically enough, I learned a huge lesson on taking life slower so I can feel the Spirit more.  As Elder Packer said, the Spirit caresses so gently that if we are preocuppied we will not feel Him at all.  I can testify of that.  The past four weeks have gotten the best of me, and I read a talk that changed things for me.  I don't have it with me, but it was called Opening Our Hearts to Revelation in the August 2013 Ensign.  Anyways, I have a testimony that the words of the Prophet and His Apostles and leaders of the church are of God.  I know that Heavenly Father wants us to rest as needed and that when we do, we can feel alive and able to do His work as He wishes us to. 

This week, though, has been one of miracles.  We are teaching this one man who is hilarious and so awesome.  He is a salesman here for the summer and a friend of a ward members'.  He wants to learn about the gospel and be baptized, and he has committed to be baptized next Monday! He talks talks talks talk talks and talks, and Sister Hixson listens listens listens and listens, while Sister Smith tries to talk tries to talk and helps me learn that if we are going to teach him we must interupt him.  Haha. He loves it though! I am learning to adjust my teaching skills to different people.  This man is humble and open.  I can see how when we are humble, we can feel the Spirit.  When we are willing to submit to the will of the Lord, He can show us truth.  I am so excited for our new friend.  His name is Tom, by the way.

I know the Book of Mormon is true.  It testifies of Christ, and it supports the Bible.  If anyone wants to know that for themselves, they can read it, pray about it sincerely, and listen.  This is something I have had to do a few times on my mission to, again, receive a confirmation of its truth.

I love you all.  Thank you for your prayers, love, and support! :)

Love always,
Sister Hixson 

No comments:

Post a Comment