Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Hello!
Happy Mother's Day to all of you Mother's! I hope Mother's Day was a special day for all of you :)
I had the best Mother's Day ever because I got to talk to my Mom! I love her.  If you don't know her, I invite you all to meet her and become her best friend.  I can promise you blessings.  Haha.  But really :)
Well this week I feel impressed to talk about enduring to the end.  As a missionary, it brings SO much joy to see people act in faith, repent, and then be baptized and confirmed.  It's awesome! But what has brought even greater joy to me is seeing those people then endure to the end.  What does it mean to endure to the end?  Is it like a race? You are sweating and tired and getting leg cramps, squinting your eyes for the finish line?  Maybe sometimes.  Of course we have times that might be like this, but while we are struggling, there are family and friends by our side.  There are the scriptures and prayer to bring us a moment of peace.  There are Prophets we can listen to online or at General Conference.  There are Mormon Messages to watch anytime and basically anywhere.  And most importantly there is our Savior who, when no one else knows and can know what we are going through, He already has. 

But during the other times when we aren't sweating and yearning for the finish line, what do we do? How do we live? One of my favorite scriptures is Mosiah 2:41
"And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God.  For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of neverending happiness..."
So we are to enjoy the blessings of God in this life, not just wait for them to come after this life. God has given us so much.  I am just so grateful that he has given me the opportunity to serve a mission.  I couldn't imagine life without these people.
This week Luis got baptized by Brother Willard! It was the best.  If you ever wonder why I just say,  it was awesome, or, it was the best, or i loved it.....it's because I don't know how to put it into words., so I just write a sentence to let you know it was good. Haha.
Sister Frost and I are loving it here.  We even love each other too! Haha.  It's been six months together, almost.  She hasn't killed me yet, so I think we're good ;) We have fun talking to the squirrels, talking in high pitched voices, and writing poems and songs for Penny. 
The Church is true, and I know the Lord wants us to be happy while we live it!

Love always,
Sister Hixson

No comments:

Post a Comment