Thursday, April 24, 2014

It's been another week already?

Hello!
The weeks go by SO fast.  It's insane.  Then I try to think of what's happened and my mind goes blank- empty, a white page, every time.  So I'll again do my best to remember and write my thoughts, experiences, etc. from this past week...

First of all, Sister Frost and I decided we wanted to teach thirty lessons this week.  Normally, we teach twenty, and on a really good week, twenty five.  Well this week we taught thirty two!! And we talked to 66 people about the gospel, not including active members and recent converts.  I'm pretty excited :) It was a great week.
On Monday we taught Penny at the sacrament table- our new favorite thing.  We taught her with the Elders in the ward.  Lately I have been struggling to feel like I am following the Spirit in lessons.  Well, as we taught, I learned that I am following the Spirit! Everything that I went to say, Elder Schlenkler said.   After the lesson, I told him that and Sister Frost said she had been feeling the same way! I love when the Lord helps calm my fears and remind me it's all ok. Also, I love knowing the Spirit speaks to me more than I recognize.  If you ever are wondering how the Spirit speaks to you, study in Preach My Gospel, p. 96-97.  That's what helps me.  Also, pray about it.
Doug.  Doug is a sixty nine year old man we met who wants to be baptized! He is willing to do everything we invite him to, and he even comes to church when he is sick! He is in a wheelchair and waits at the front door of the nursing home every time we come and waves!
This week with transfers it was crazy...and we weren't even being transferred! We were with Sister Chapman for a few hours though! She trained me, and I LOVE HER.  Haha, she is hilarious.  The whole day, as we said goodbyes and hellos, I realized how much I love these people.  The missionaries in my mission have made a huge impact on me.  It was sad to see them go, but also good because they are off to great things!
This weekend was Stake Conference.  Saturday, Sister Frost and I went and invited as many people to church as we could! And all week long we have been sharing the "Because of Him" video I sent last week.  As we have done this, my testimony has grown.  I have to tell you one experience that topped things off.  After Stake Conference we had a Mission Prep class given by my ward mission leader who was a Mission President a few years ago in Colorado. We did some role-plays, and he had me invite him to church.  Afterwards, he had us all silently walk in a single file line down to the chapel.  One by one, in silence, we all took a moment to stand at the Sacrament table and then sit down in the pews.  It was such a special experience.  I was reminded of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and had the chance to really think about it and what it means for me. 
I can't do it alone.  None of us can.  I am grateful for the trials and experiences I have had on my mission because they have shaped me and are continuing to teach me.  I am realizing that my trails are actually blessings.

I've learned a lot of things on my mission, and I'm grateful for every experience. 
Last of all, a scripture...
Doctrine & Covenants 6:36-37
"Look unto me in every thought, doubt not, fear not.  Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven.  Amen."

Love you all!
Sister Hixson

No comments:

Post a Comment