Monday, April 28, 2014

Hello!
What a wonderful week it's been! It's already almost May, and it's crazy to think that almost a year ago I entered the MTC.  I'm learning how fast time really does fly, and nobody has time to waste it.  My trainer would always say, "Aint nobody got time for that," and a lot of other funny things, but I find myself saying that sometimes.  Recently, I was getting down about something, and I thought, Ain't nobody got time for that! Haha, but I really meant it! There is no time to waste when it comes to being the best we can be.  I know that life gets us down sometimes and things come that we might not expect, but the Lord has prepared us for all of it.  It's called the Gospel!
This week we had a baptism! Doug was just ready, so we moved his date up a week, and he got baptized on Saturdayand confirmed on Sunday! :) What a happy day. 
Sometimes when we don't see the light at the end of the tunnel or the sun through the clouds, it's hard to look up and have faith.  It's hard to have hope.  Well, one thing that my mission has been focusing on lately is the Book of Mormon.  Of course, we always focus on it, but it has been a huge focus recently.  We started a Book of Mormon read on Easter and will finish in June.  We are highlighting the words of Christ, whether directly or quoted by prophets.  I just love reading the Book of Mormon.  All of the prophets and leaders in it are incredible...and they have hope and faith.  When Nephi has the vision of all his Father saw and sees the destruction of his people, think how discouraging that would be.  Then, he comes out of that to find his brothers in dispute with his dad.  How exhausting.  He says to them, "Have ye inquired of the Lord?" (1 Ne. 15:8)  He still has faith in God.  He doesn't let his troubles and family situation take away his faith.  Do we?  I hope I never will.
Sister Frost and I have tracted a lot this week- just here and there when we have a few minutes or an appointment falls through or we feel prompted to stop and tract for a little bit.  We had a loose appointment with someone a couple days ago.  It was really cold, and we had asked a member who lives a few blocks down the street to come with us.  Well she got a little lost and then when we found her, we got out and walked with her to the house.  When we got to the house, no one answered.  Well, we didn't walk here in the cold for nothing, so we knocked on the two doors next to it.  A man named Johhny answered and said it wasn't a good time, but come back tomorrow. As we were walking away, we were talking and somehow were on the wrong street and couldn't find the car.  But, while we were on the wrong street we saw a less-active outside that we hadn't seen in a long time and who is hard to get in to! We were able to talk and laugh with her and set up a time to see her this week! We eventually found our way back and get warmed up in the car.  But what is cool is that it was cold, we went the wrong way, the appointment fell through, and the member got lost for a while, but the Lord prepared the way for us to met Johnny and the less-active lady, Kim. 

We went back and saw Johnny last night and he wants to be baptized! He answered the door in a suit and tie, and we were like, "Are you a member?" Hahaha.  It was confusing, but he goes to a different church.  We had a great lesson with him.
I just love everyone.  Seriously though, I meet someone for a second, and I love them.  I want to be like this forever. 
One more thing: My nephew, Asher, just sent me an awesome scripture- 1 Nephi 3:7
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them to accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."
I know this is true. The Lord will always prepare a way for us to keep the commandments. 

I love you all! Thank you for everything- your love, support, prayers, letters- everything.   Have a great week! :)
Love always,
Sister Hixson

No comments:

Post a Comment