Monday, April 14, 2014

Hello family and friends!
It's been a great week! It's gotten sunny and warm! Yesterday it was 7 degrees, but today it's back up to the 50s so it's good!
We got transfer information last night, and Sister Frost and I are staying in Great Falls!!! So excited!
Sister Frost and I are going to be companions for the rest of my mission I've decided.

I'm so glad we are staying because there is so much good happening here! This week we taught five new people who are preparing to be baptized! We are keeping very busy.  Their names are Krystina, Ben, Gary, Doug, and Raven. 
This week I was having a really hard day.  I was really down, and I can't really remember why.  I was talking to Sister Frost, and she said that I should have a purposeful prayer about it.  The next day, I did.  I prayed for about thirty minutes.  Then at lunchtime, I did the same thing.  I talked and talked.  I told Heavenly Father everything I was feeling, and then I listened.  President asked us recently to have a journal out in front of us when we pray so we can write down our impressions as we pray, so I did that.  It was the best thing that could have happened.  I felt so much better as I prayed, and as I realized what I needed to work on.  I love prayer.  I can testify that God listens when we pray and that He answers us. I can testify that prayer changes things. 
I can also testify that God supports us.  He answers our questions in the Book of Mormon.  When I have had questions and no one to turn to but Heavenly Father, He has spoken to me through prayer and the Book of Mormon. 
This morning I read 2 Nephi 32:3
"Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ.  Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things that ye should do."
I love this scripture because I want to be an angel in someone's life! So I need to study the scriptures! Every question I have can be answered in it!

One last thing.  We watched this this morning.  It's the best. 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_S3TI4bYerU

Hope that worked.  It's on lds.org, and it's the new video, "Because of Him."
Have a happy Easter!

Love always,
Sister Hixson
Lexi and Sister Frost at the Ryan Dam in Great Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment