Thursday, December 26, 2013

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL!
That's the title of my journal...that I bought for myself a while ago because it is so cute.  It was in my favorite store in Dillon- a flower shop owned by the nicest lady ever.  You walked into that store, and you were immediately happy.  The journal says, "Life is Beautiful" on the front cover and then has flowers all over it and a little crown at the top.  Then, you open it up and all the pages, say "Life is Beautiful" and are all colorful and happy with butterflies and flowers.  Every time I see it, I think, "Yeah, life is beautiful."
Merry Christmas! For reals this time :) We had an early Christmas on Thursday when we had Zone Conference with half the mission.  If it wasn't enough that I got to see Sister Barrus, President and Sister Mecham, and all my other favorite missionaries, then can you believe how awesome it was when we got packages to open and letters from our families? Family, thank you so much! I loved it :)
This week we've had the opportunity to help a lot of people.  It seems like there have just been situations that have come up where we were able to help out, and it's been wonderful.  I have been reminded about the purpose of Christmas a lot.  There is a lady who we know who has nothing in her fridge and didn't have gas money to go get food.  She is the sweetest lady and is in some bad situations at home.  She wants to be a part of the church and we were able to teach her about the restoration of the gospel.  We are not sure what will happen because of her home situation, but we hope to see her again. 
The highlight of the week might be last night when we saw a young family in the church.  The husband is not a member, but after going to church and feeling the love and the Spirit that was there, he wants to learn more.  He has been married to his wife for years, but never wanted to come to church.  But then he met the people at church and listened to the talks and just wants to learn more about what this all is.  The gospel is true.  I know this, and I know that everyone can know this for themselves.  They don't have to follow someone else's statement that it's true, but they can pray, read the Book of Mormon, come to church, and keep on praying, and God will let them know.  I am grateful for my Savior.  I am so grateful to be on a mission, helping share this joy with the world.  Love you!
And thank you Sister Lamp, Mom, Dad, Gma and Gpa, Grandma and Grandpa, and Jenessa for your letters :)
Love, 
Sister Hixson <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment