Monday, November 4, 2013

Utah, Candy and Miracles
Dear family and friends,
 
It's been a great week...or two weeks, I should say.  I couldn't write last week because there was a line for the computers.  I have a new companion, Sister Barrus, from American Fork, UT.  We have been companions for four days, and yesterday and the night before were spent in Wisdom! We had another lesson out there and went to church in the Big Hole.  Beautiful place and amazing people.  There were 12 of us, and Sister Barrus and I got to teach a little 7-year old girl about baptism in Primary.  I love that branch and everyone in it.  It is a special place I hope to visit again after I leave.  The land is beautiful, untouched, and the people are so loving.  
 
I am seeing people's lives change through the gospel.  I am seeing people try to make those changes that are difficult.  I know that the Lord wants us to change because that's how we become like Him.  I know that we can speak to Him through prayer- that He is listening.  
 
We had many miracles happen this week.  One this week is that our plans needed to change because of planning or something, and so it was now time for us to head out, and we had to choose where we would go.  We chose to go to a girl's house just close to our house.  We had met her a couple weeks ago and she had welcomed us back, but we hadn't contacted her again.  We knocked on her door, and she was there.  She listened to our message and welcomed us back tonight.  She was having some family issues and was going through some tough things, but she listened to our message about the Plan of Salvation and how God has blessed us with families and a plan.  She is open to learning more.  It was a miracle.  
 
Last night, we shared a message with a man who Sister Barrus thinks her grandpa knows.  I had been telling her about the area and mentioned this man's name who isn't interested but is the kindest man and very Christian and religious.  She felt that we should stop by last night.  We did and he was canning pumpkin.  He tried to remember if he knew her grandpa, and we are still not sure if he does, but then  I had the impression to share this mormon message with him that we had watched recently.  We played it and he watched and listened.  Afterwards, we invited him to read the pamphlet on the restoration of the gospel and left it with him.  He took it and said goodnight.  I don't know if he will read it, but I feel like we were supposed to share that message with him.  He left us with some pumpkin, of course :) and we left him with something that I know will change his life.  He is close with God already.  He has prayed for us before and told us the entire experience of him finding God, and we have shared our testimonies with him.  He is a wonderful man.  And I know that, even for him, who has a close relationship with Heavenly Father, Heavenly Father wants him to have the fullness.  I am so grateful to have the privilege of being His servant!
 
This week we received homemade bread, rolls, candy, macaroni and cheese, candy, cookie mix, candy, pumpkin, squash, and a cake. Hahaha.  If you ever worry that I go hungry, you can rest assured that I am not ;) 
 
Thank you Sister Lamp, Mom, and Dad for your letters. 
 
I know that the gospel is true and that it blesses the lives of everyone, no matter who you are.  I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father.   I know that they love us too, no matter what choices we every make- they still love us. 
 
Have a wonderful week! Keep the faith!
 
Love,
Sister Hixson
 
p.s. I hope this detailed email makes up for the lack of one last week! hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment