Tuesday, November 19, 2013

DILLON IS THE GREATEST PLACE IN THE WORLD!

Hello everyone,

I hope you have had a great week! This week has been great here.  We are working a lot with our iPads (I now have a picture of the San Diego temple as my wallpaper that makes me SO happy).  We can share videos, talks, and the scriptures on them, and our pamphlets are even downloaded onto them too.  Technology.  It's amazing.  

On Monday night, we were invited to this family's house for dinner who are not members of the church, except for the mom, but she has not come for years.  We had dinner with them, and then shared the message of the Restoration and invited the three daughters to be baptized at the end of December.  They said yes and are now preparing for baptism! What a miracle.  The youngest daughter said the most beautiful prayer I have ever heard.  She is soooo sweet and has short blonde hair and just jumps around like the happiest thing on earth.  When we gave her a Book of Mormon, she just held it to her chest.  Another miracle is that, while we were teaching, Dell walks in with her husband! They are long-time friends with this family.  Dell and her husband bore their testimonies to the girls and were a great part of the lesson.  Dell just got baptized last month and has such a strong testimony.  

This week I got a little sick with the flu, and I did get the flu shot, but this flu said no! I am getting better though, which is great! Sister Barrus mothered me back to health and spent Friday planning and studying...while I slept! She is amazing.

I have been learning a lot this week about different things.  Probably the greatest thing is that God loves me.  No matter what I ever do, He will always still love me.  We get trained a lot on how to be better, and we study a lot how to be better, and we are always trying to be better.  So, it is comforting to know and be reminded that God still loves me how I am, even though He knows I can be even more.  I am grateful for the work He has entrusted me and Sister Barrus with right now.  It is keeping us busy, and it's awesome, tiring, and awesome. 

Sister Barrus and I did crafts this week to help with the people we are teaching.  We watched this video from President Uchtdorf about creating and how we are ALL creative because we are the children of the most creative Being in the universe.  He says this at the end of the video: 

"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit, the greater your capacity to create."

I know this scriptures are true and that Joseph Smith is a true prophet.  I love sharing this with others.  I love you and thank you for everything :)

Love,
Sister Hixson

No comments:

Post a Comment