Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Hello everyone.
Today it is raining, and I am so happy about it.  We opened our window this morning and listened to it while we studied.  I love rainy days, and it's been a while.  The sound of raindrops is my favorite.
I have loved reading everyone's emails today, as always.  They truly uplift, strengthen, and remind me of the blessings I have. 
Sister Frost is still as wonderful as ever.  She got sick this week, but now she is all better.  The Elders gave her a blessing on Thursday, and she was better on Friday.  I am so grateful for Priesthood blessings.  Friday we went out and it seemed that Heavenly Father was like, k, so you were inside for a few days, now here ya go! Here's some people to talk to! We were busy busy all day long.  We were able to contact some people we haven't been able to catch lately, so that was great.  As we'd be leaving their house, they'd get home- it happened three times in a row!
Also, we taught this man named Jim Ledakis.  He was a referral sent to us from San Diego!  He is eighty one and the CUtest man you'll ever meet. His house is filled with ships and Disney characters, and his answering machine says, "Hello....has anyone ever told you how unique and special you are? Leave a message."  Isn't that the best?  We went over there with Penny, and he sat down and said, "So let's talk about this LDS thing."  Haha. His son is a member, and Jim says he knows the church is true, but he doesn't need to join yet.  (Yes you do Jim!) So, he says that for now he doesn't want to meet with us, but we will see him soon.

Sister Frost and I also tracted this week, which we don't do very often. And it was on a day that was so nice and warm. No one let us in, but we met so many nice people.  Also, most of our investigators are struggling right now. Mostly we can't contact them.  They have broken phones, can only text(which we don't have), moved away (Theresa), or are too busy to meet with us.
But we know that we will find some more people to teach and that if the ones we are trying to teach are not ready, the Lord will put more prepared people in our paths.  We have the faith!
I have learned a lot of things this week.  It's hard to put a finger on one thing.  One thing that has been on my mind though is the fact that God answers prayers.  "Prayer is the passport to peace." - President Monson.  Prayer really is the answer to everything. When we are exhausted, worn down, sad, lonely, confused, then pray.  When we are happy, excited, grateful, content, then pray.  I know that prayer makes a difference.  We taught this to Russell this week.  He doesn't feel like prayer makes a difference.  And Sister Hughes only prays when she really needs something because she doesn't want to bother God with her little issues she can figure out herself.  But the blessing is that God WILL help you with those little things if it matters to you.  He will. "Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you."  I'm grateful to know that I can pray and that God answers prayers, and if you are struggling with something (that's all of us), then say a sincere prayer and look for God's way of answering it.
This week had it's few funny moments, one of which was when I drove down a one way..the wrong way.  This old man in his truck waited for me to turn around and gave me the biggest smile and thumbs up when I finally got turned the right way.  Haha, it made my day.  I love the people here.  I keep loving them more and more.  Even when people aren't nice or don't want to hear what we have to say, I still love them! And I hope that they will feel the Spirit and want it in their lives.  I love this work.  Missionary work is the best.  It brings so much joy :)
Have a wonderful week! :)
Love,
Sister Hixson

No comments:

Post a Comment