Thursday, July 18, 2013



July 15, 2013

Dear friends and family,

I don't have much time today,  but I just wanted to say hi and tell you a little bit about this week.  We were in Helena on Thursday for a conference, and then we had another roommate for a couple days! She is a leader in the mission and she came out with us to Dillon and helped us, and we learned a lot from her.  It was a pretty stressful week, but it was nice to have these couple of breaks.  I am learning about patience and love.  Being a trainer is interesting because I feel like I don't know much yet, but I am learning that to be a leader means we are teachable and we serve in love.  It doesn't mean we have all the answers (at least I hope not, haha).  I am grateful for scriptures and prayer and answers to prayers.  They have helped me to feel peace and to move forward.  We were really tired this week, but now we are feeling a little better and will hopefully get a nap in.  The people we live with are some of the kindest people I know.  
One thing I was reminded of is that being a missionary doesn't mean you are someone else.  It means that we are ourselves! It's great! We let our light shine- the light God has given us.  I love the scripture in Matthew 5:16- "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."  We have a light given to us from God that we can share with the world.  

I hope you have a wonderful week! Thank you Kenzie and Sister Morgan for the wonderful package and letters! It felt like Christmas.  And thank you Dad, Sister Dowden, Eva, Asher and Grandma and Grandpa for your letters.  They are so encouraging and just are the best.

Lots of love from Dillon,
Sister Hixson

No comments:

Post a Comment