Monday, June 24, 2013

Hello friends and family!
I hope you are all doing well and healthy and happy.  The news of the day is that I am being transferred! I am leaving for Dillon, MT on Wednesday to open an area and train! What an adventure! Haha, Sister Chapman can tell you I have been trying to learn the area here for a couple weeks now because I thought she was going to leave me...and I have realized that my sense of direction isn't the greatest, haha, but now I will be leaving, so my trainer and I will have to work together to not get lost, haha. I am excited though, and I know it's where God wants me.
This week I met a boy named Tater Tot, a boy named Wild Boy Mo, and a boy named Free Will.  All in one week! Can you believe it? Haha, and I live in the city.  This week, we had the opportunity to teach some really great lessons.  One to Karen, who is so kind and just growing so much in the five weeks or so that we have known her.  She is already changing. She is trying to gain the desire to quit smoking, and asked that we pray for her.  We have been praying, and when we saw her on Friday, she said the prayers are working because the cigarettes aren't satisfying her as much anymore. Yay! Kelsey, her granddaughter wants to be baptized, but her mom again said no, so we are praying that that will change over time.  We met a man last night named Bryan Leizer.  We just went over to get to know them, and we thought they were members.  We sat down and were talking and then, he was like, "Just so you know, I'm not Mormon," haha, we said that's fine, and continued to talk to him and his member wife, and then Sister Chapman said, "Well, do you have 30 minutes and we can teach you the first lesson?" And he said yes! We taught him the first lesson, and he said he would read the Book of Mormon and pray.  I am learning that sometimes people keep their commitments and sometimes people don't.  But, when they choose to because they want to, changes happen. We just keep bearing our testimony to people and telling them what we know is true, and we pray every day to find people that are prepared to accept the message we share.
Here in Billings has been so good.  Sister Chapman has truly taught me so much, and I have met people who are amazing and have helped me grow.  I'm excited to see what Dillon is like.  I talked to a man this morning who said "It's a big hole."  Sounds like fun, and I know I will love it! :)  I don't have an accent yet, and I told myself when I got here that I wouldn't call a creek crick and say oh my garsh, but I'm starting to convert a little.  I'm loving it here.

Thank you Emily, Mom, Dad, Gisselle, Sister Lamp, Brooke, Grandma and Grandpa for your letters.  They make me happy every time :) 

Here is a scripture that I was reminded of this week: Moroni 7:45-
"And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, and endureth all things."
I think Christ is like this.  And that we can be too as we strive to.  I know that Jesus Christ loves each of us and is our Savior. I know that it is through Him that we can change.  I know that having love for other people will bring us great joy.  I love you all!
Love always,
Sister Hixson

No comments:

Post a Comment