Friday, May 24, 2013

Lexi's first week

Hello! P-day is finally here. It feels like Christmas! We got here Wednesday and our Pdays are Thursdays but not the week you arrive, so we've waited a little while. The MTC is amazing. Everyone says hi to you in different languages and everyone seems happy. When we first got here, everyone said, just make it til Sunday. Wednesday to Sunday was sooo long, but since then, the days have been flying by! I have thought about what I would write since so much has happened since I got here. In just one day, so much happens. I wanted to tell you about my companion Sister Lemmon and our investigator Terry. Sister Lemmon is an angel. She is so faithful and diligent and loves the Lord, and you can see that in how she talks to you and how she gives her time to the Lord. Her prayers are so sincere and everything she says is uplifting. On Sunday, we had a lot of meetings(Sister Lemmon and I got assigned to be the STLs-Sister Training Leaders- for our district, so we had a couple more meetings on Sunday). I was feeling a little overwhelmed and got to Sacrament meeting just in time to play the piano, but was struggling because the piano was weird and the pages weren't staying open. I was wishing someone would come over and hold the pages, and as I thought that, there she was. It was such a small thing, but made me feel so much better. I write about her, because I know she has been a direct answer to my prayers, and probably yours as well, because she has helped me in more ways than I can say. Sister Lemmon and I started teaching our investigator, Terry, on Friday. Terry is actually our teacher, but when we go in and teach him, we don't break the role play- he is Terry. Our lessons with him have gone really well. He is really receptive and faithful. But our lesson yesterday was the best one yet. We didn't do anything differently, but the Spirit was so strong. We knew he needed to know about the Atonement, so we taught him about it, testified to him, and asked him questions, like if he knew that God would forgive him for his sins. Terry just got out of jail a month ago. During the lesson, there was a moment where we all just paused for about one minute. No one said a word. The Spirit was so strong, and Terry just sat there thinking. At the end, he just said, "I just keep replaying in my mind, He will forgive you." We ended the lesson by asking if we could sing a song for him. We sang the second verse of Come Thou Fount, and after, Terry was crying. The Spirit was so strong. We ended with prayer. When we walked out of the lesson, Sister Lemmon and I just hugged. We hadn't done anything, but the Lord had. God had spoken to Terry. As missionaries, we want our investigators to be taught by God, and that was what happened. Since I have been here, I have felt God's power, love, and peace more than I have ever felt it before. I am learning to recognize God's answers to my prayers. I know that God answers our prayers. I also know that the Spirit is real. We feel the same Spirit in our role plays than we feel in actual, real experiences. This has taught me that the Spirit is real and that God cares, even when he knows it is only a role play. Our district is amazing- 8 sisters and 2 elders-I would say poor elders, but no, they love us. We make sure they love us, haha. The food is not as good as everyone says. The flowers here are so beautiful and smell so good. Letters and packages are gold. Thank you Mom, Kenny, Star, and Brooke, for your letters and Star for your package. I am wearing the cowboy socks right now, and I loved the pictures from Asher and Bella! Tell them I love them. Something funny- Sister Lemmon meditates. So sometimes our district meditates together, sometimes outside while people walk by. It's actually sooooo relaxing and clears our minds. I recommend it :) Thank you for your prayers. Missionary work is hard, but it is so good. Satan knows that we are working to bring others to Christ, and sometimes he gets at you, but God is stronger, and He has been helping me. I love you all! Love, Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment